Friday, July 2, 2010

READ THIS FIRST - Don't bother looking for the Nihil obstat

A Nihil obstat is an "attestation by a church censor that a book contains nothing damaging to faith or morals."

I obviously haven't applied for one and won't be doing so for this blog.  I hope nothing here is damaging to faith or morals, but I'm not so sure.  I advise you to get your spiritual life in order before you begin this journey.  Go to confession.  Get to Mass every week and receive the Eucharist while in a state of grace.  Develop your prayer life.  Maybe even get a spiritual director.  Grow close to God, to God the Father, to Christ His Son, to the Holy Spirit.  Do this before you start reading this blog and especially before you read the other blogs I'll link to, even if it takes you a few months.  This blog will still be here.

I say all this - and I'm serious -  because you'll run into some darkness in game. Sin. Evil. Ugliness.  Pain.  Men get hurt.  Women get hurt.  Even Pick Up Artists get burned out on this stuff.

So why do this?  Because, in moderation and prudence, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment